The Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE) has operated for decades and has proven itself to be a program that provides quality care that is also cost effective, but a recent shift to allow for-profit operators threatens the program’s effectiveness. PACE keeps those who would otherwise need a nursing home level of care in the community by providing comprehensive, cost effective care. This section contains a research article that critiques the for-profit shift in PACE and follows its development.
- (PACE): Providing Integrated Community Care for the Frail Elderly
- A Focus on the Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly
News and Recent Developments:
- Green House Project Blog regarding PACE
- Startup WelbeHealth Raises $15M to Coordinate Care for Frail Elderly
- Read more analysis by Dr. Lori Gonzalez here.