The research efforts of The Claude Pepper Center are consistent with the institution’s mission. Both seek to advance the ideas, values, and public policy goals of Senator and Mrs. Claude Pepper. This is achieved through our focus on the concerns of Florida’s elderly population and our commitment to open, fair, bipartisan investigation. From there, the Pepper Center has the resources and capacity to:
- foster and develop relationships based on shared interests and concerns for the older and under-served through the Pepper Center web and blog sites;
- provide current and continuous news and information through Twitter, Face book, YouTube, and other developing social media sites;
- educate national organizations, political leaders, business leaders, and the media on key issues;
- respond to national and state advocacy organizations’ requests for results of our research and analysis;
- position experts for speeches, interviews and testimony; and
- articulate and advance specific proposals.
We are in the process of expanding our research interests to potential new areas of concern including global aging and care-staff training. The Pepper Center hopes to be the first resource to provide news, research, and advocacy information in these emerging fields of study.